    care of this? It usually goes away by itself eventually, or I just restart
    IIS.

    Thanks - Trevor

    Trevor Hartman, Jul 28, 2003

  2. Are you using the same user name and password to connect to SQL Server (I
    assume) , everytime you connect ?
    If not you are NOT using the advantages of connection pooling.
    --
    Swanand Mokashi
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    "Trevor Hartman" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Every now and then (once a week maybe), I get this error on my page saying
    > Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a

    connection

    Swanand Mokashi, Jul 28, 2003

  3. You can receive this error if you forget to close your database connections
    when you are done with them. Take a look at Management-->Current
    Activity-->Process Info in Enterprise Manager. If you see a lot.
    Double-clicking on each activity will tell you the last command that was
    run. If you see a lot of activities with the same command listed, search
    your code for references to that command. If this is the case, Most likely,
    you are forgetting to close the connection somewhere.

    Mark Heimonen, Jul 28, 2003