Connection Pooling Error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by shahzad, Apr 4, 2008.

  1. shahzad

    shahzad Guest

    I am using the following Connction string in web.config in asp.net
    application
    <add key="ConnectionInfo" value="Data Source=MyServer; Min Pool Size=5;Max
    Pool Size=100; Connect Timeout=120; Initial Catalog=TestDB;User
    ID=sa;Password=******;"/>

    Application is running fine but after couple of days I got the follwong
    exception on login page but there is no error and all connection are closed
    properly. Then I reset IIS server & site come up again after IIS reset

    The Exception is

    The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool.
    This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max
    pool size was reached.
    at
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection
    owningConnection)
    at
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection
    outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()

    Plese could you help me
    the server is the website is live and client is trouble

    Thanks
    SA

    shahzad, Apr 4, 2008

  2. Close database connections.... Always..... No matter what happened....

    George.

    George Ter-Saakov, Apr 4, 2008