Connection pooling

Guest

Hi all

Iam working on a web based project using asp.net and sql server 2000. I have
written stored procedures whenever i want to interact with data base and in
connection string i had put min pool size=1;max pool size=500.

And in each page load one stored procedure will get executed as iam
capturing the url and inserting into data base. so for each insert one
process is getting created in SQL Server and the process is going to sleep
mode and its staying back till i close the browser. and rest of stored
procedure process is getting created and killing once the work is done. once
i close the browser all process which are there are getting killed. But why
the status is going to sleep mode all the time is my question ever though iam
closing the connection and disposing.

Thanks is advance,
Vamsi

Patrice

First, my personal preference is to leave default values unless you have a
very good reason do to so (IMO 500 is really really high).

With pooling, the connection is not really closed. Instead it is kept so
that it is already available for someone else...

Patrice