    very find would be emacs-keybindings ...

    dank u well,

    tanja
    Tanje Toolate, Sep 8, 2010

  2. On 08-Sep-10 04:51 AM, Tanje Toolate wrote:
    > hi there,
    >

    > greetings.
    >
    > i am looking for a small, console-based (opensource) texteditor,
    > written in python (or as shellscript!), but i'm not finding something
    > usable.
    >
    > very find would be emacs-keybindings ...
    >

    > dank u well,
    >

    > tanja

    What operating system do you use?

    Colin W.
    Colin J. Williams, Sep 8, 2010

  3. >
    > What operating system do you use?
    >
    > Colin W.

    usually linux. sometimes bsd.

    tanja
    Tanje Toolate, Sep 8, 2010

  4. >

    Tanje Toolate, Sep 8, 2010
  5. On Wednesday 08 September 2010, it occurred to Tanje Toolate to exclaim:
    > hi there,
    >

    > greetings.
    >
    > i am looking for a small, console-based (opensource) texteditor,
    > written in python (or as shellscript!), but i'm not finding something
    > usable.

    Why?
    (Also, I can't imagine anyone writing a shell script that deserves, or even
    aspires to deserve, the name "text editor").

    > very find would be emacs-keybindings ...

    Why not just use a real emacs ?
    Thomas Jollans, Sep 8, 2010
  6. Tanje Toolate

    mex Guest

    On 8 Sep., 16:49, Thomas Jollans <> wrote:
    > On Wednesday 08 September 2010, it occurred to Tanje Toolate to exclaim:
    >
    > > hi there,

    > > greetings.

    > > i am looking for a small, console-based (opensource) texteditor,
    > > written in python (or as shellscript!), but i'm not finding something
    > > usable.

    > Why?
    > (Also, I can't imagine anyone writing a shell script that deserves, or even
    > aspires to deserve, the name "text editor").
    >

    > > very find would be emacs-keybindings ...

    > Why not just use a real emacs ?

    why? because!

    ok, the part with the shellscript was a joke ...

    we usually use joe/jmacs but run into issues lately on customer-
    environments
    with precompiled versions of this editor. a python-based console-
    editor would
    be perfekt.

    tanja
    mex, Sep 8, 2010