console-editor written in python

Tanje Toolate

hi there,

greetings.

i am looking for a small, console-based (opensource) texteditor,
written in python (or as shellscript!), but i'm not finding something
usable.

very find would be emacs-keybindings ...

dank u well,

tanja

Colin J. Williams

hi there,

greetings.

i am looking for a small, console-based (opensource) texteditor,
written in python (or as shellscript!), but i'm not finding something
usable.

very find would be emacs-keybindings ...

dank u well,

tanja
What operating system do you use?

Colin W.

Thomas Jollans

hi there,

greetings.

i am looking for a small, console-based (opensource) texteditor,
written in python (or as shellscript!), but i'm not finding something
usable.

Why?
(Also, I can't imagine anyone writing a shell script that deserves, or even
aspires to deserve, the name "text editor").
very find would be emacs-keybindings ...

Why not just use a real emacs ?

mex

Why?
(Also, I can't imagine anyone writing a shell script that deserves, or even
aspires to deserve, the name "text editor").

Why not just use a real emacs ?

why? because!

ok, the part with the shellscript was a joke ...

we usually use joe/jmacs but run into issues lately on customer-
environments
with precompiled versions of this editor. a python-based console-
editor would
be perfekt.

tanja