    Thanks,
    Scott

    , Aug 25, 2005

  2. On 25 Aug 2005 13:57:45 -0700, wrote:

    > Can someone point me to a decent resource about consuming ..

    [1]

    >.. a web service in Java?

    Ehhh?
    [1] <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=definition+consuming>

    What does 'consuming' mean to you?

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    "What did you bring me, dear mother, to keep me from the gallis' pole?"

    Andrew Thompson, Aug 25, 2005

    I have a web service, it returns an XML stream. I need to access the
    XML to get to the data.

    , Aug 25, 2005
  4. On 25 Aug 2005 14:31:13 -0700, wrote:

    > I have a web service, it returns an XML stream. I need to access the
    > XML to get to the data.

    Oh, riiiigt.

    OK, try this snippet..

    DocumentBuilderFactory factory =
    DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance();
    /*
    factory.setValidating(true);
    factory.setNamespaceAware(true);
    factory.setSchema(schema);*/
    try {
    DocumentBuilder builder = factory.newDocumentBuilder();
    Document document = builder.parse( f );

    DocumentBuilder.parse() also accepts a stream, so..

    HTH

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    "Let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late."

    Andrew Thompson, Aug 25, 2005