content manager

Steven Burn

Before writing a content manager, you must first decide what it's actually going to manage..... once you've done that, your next step is to decide on a layout (once you've got that down, you can begin working on the backend to it).

As an example, take a look at ASPPortal;

http://www.darkfalz.com/Scripts_Details.aspx?pstID=1093

That should give you a head start into building your own.

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Jeff Cochran

I would like to know how to build a content manager, where do I begin

Wow. That's as easy to answer as "I'd like to build a rocketship,
where do I begin?"

Start with the same process as any other programming project. Develop
a set of specifications, and plan the project before you even think
about code. Ask the hard questions, like "What content do I have?",
"Who will be using this?" and "Why the hell would I spend all that
time writing something I can just buy?"

Then research existing content management systems and see if what you
want is already available.

Jeff