  1. freddy

    freddy Guest

    I would like to know how to build a content manager, where do I begin

    freddy, Mar 12, 2005

  2. freddy

    Steven Burn Guest

    Before writing a content manager, you must first decide what it's actually going to manage..... once you've done that, your next step is to decide on a layout (once you've got that down, you can begin working on the backend to it).

    As an example, take a look at ASPPortal;

    http://www.darkfalz.com/Scripts_Details.aspx?pstID=1093

    That should give you a head start into building your own.

    --
    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Mar 13, 2005

  3. freddy

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 11:33:01 -0800, freddy
    <> wrote:

    >I would like to know how to build a content manager, where do I begin

    Wow. That's as easy to answer as "I'd like to build a rocketship,
    where do I begin?"

    Start with the same process as any other programming project. Develop
    a set of specifications, and plan the project before you even think
    about code. Ask the hard questions, like "What content do I have?",
    "Who will be using this?" and "Why the hell would I spend all that
    time writing something I can just buy?"

    Then research existing content management systems and see if what you
    want is already available.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Mar 14, 2005