    On the XP side, the access to the shared folder is given to "EveryOne". So I
    don't know how to fix it.

    Best regards
    Oriane, Apr 14, 2009

  2. Hi Oriane,

    Quote from Oriane==================================================
    My Asp.Net web service launches a COM component under the Network Service
    account.
    when I launch the same
    COM component with a different account, there is no issue.

    Could you clarify how you use the above two accounts? Could you provide
    some code?

    Quote from Oriane ==================================================
    I get a strange warning from my (more or less homemade)

    Could you tell me what the warning is?

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support

    .

    Allen Chen [MSFT], Apr 15, 2009

  3. Oriane

    Oriane Guest

    Hi Allen,

    I think I should better post in some interoperability NG.
    "Allen Chen [MSFT]" <> a écrit dans le message de
    groupe de discussion : ...
    > Hi Oriane,
    >
    > Quote from Oriane==================================================
    > My Asp.Net web service launches a COM component under the Network Service
    > account.
    > when I launch the same
    > COM component with a different account, there is no issue.
    >
    > Could you clarify how you use the above two accounts? Could you provide
    > some code?

    Yes and no.

    If I impersonate my web service with a administrator account

    <identity impersonate="true" userName="admin" password="admin" />

    the COM component can perform its operation, that is to say access the UNC
    share.

    If I don't have impersonate, it fails. The error message is not meaningful.

    > Quote from Oriane ==================================================
    > I get a strange warning from my (more or less homemade)
    >
    > Could you tell me what the warning is?

    The error message, which comes from the COM component, is not meaningful.

    I will post on the dotnet.framework.interop NG.

    Thanks a lot

    Oriane
    Oriane, Apr 15, 2009
  4. Oriane

    Oriane Guest

    Allen,,

    I think the best way to solve this pb is to impersonate the web service.
    This is what I will do.

    Best regards
    Oriane, Apr 15, 2009