controling serial/printer ports from java?

Sven Goosen

Hi group,

I want to make a java interface for a motor control (going left/right) for
my webcam.
Now I want to control this via the serial (com1) or printer port on my
(linux) machine.

Is this possible? something to put a voltage on for example pin 1 of the
port?

If so, with what function/command? I can't find it in the API's.

Any help, like links of example codes are verry welcome.

Many thanks,
Sven Goosen