Controlling MultiView ActiveViewIndex after FormView Mode change

Martin

Hi,

I have a FormView control with a MultiView control within it's
EditItemTemplate (because using a Wizard doesn't maintain two way data
binding - MS confirmed bug).

Any how, I have the requirement to save my data every time I change view of
my MultiView control. So I call FormView.UpdateItem()

This works fine, except for having the side effect of putting the
FormView.CurrentMode back to ReadOnly.
So I handle FormView.ModeChanging, and set FormViewModeEventArgs.Cancel=true
to cancel the mode change.
This is fine, except my MultiView control is back in it's original view.
The last time I can see it, the AcitveViewIndex is what I require it to be,
but then it ends up being wrong.

I feel like I'm missing an event opportunity, or it's simply too late to do
anything about it.

Anyone know?

Thanks
Martin

Martin

Got it

protected void FormView1_ItemUpdated(object sender, FormViewUpdatedEventArgs
e)

{

e.KeepInEditMode = true;

}

protected void MultiView1_PreRender(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

if (IsPostBack)

((MultiView)sender).ActiveViewIndex = viewno;