controls en undefined values

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Boris Nieuwenhuis, Nov 6, 2003.

  1. Hi,
    I noticed this behaviour more often.
    in the visual c# editor of .NET 1.1 if select a HTML control and then
    select
    it in the form editor and then right click and select run as server
    control,
    thhus changing it to a server side control, sometimes these controls don't
    get initialised in the code behind.
    For instance, now I have a radio group of 5 radio button, and I selected
    them an made them run at server. If i put a breakpoint in my code behind
    in
    the page_load on these lines of code
    if(Request["rdoAbonnement"]!=null){
    if(Request.Form["rdoAbonnement"].Equals(Radio1.Value)){do something}
    if(Request.Form["rdoAbonnement"].Equals(Radio2.Value)){do something}
    if(Request.Form["rdoAbonnement"].Equals(Radio3.Value)){do something}
    if(Request.Form["rdoAbonnement"].Equals(Radio4.Value)){do something}
    if(Request.Form["rdoAbonnement"].Equals(Radio5.Value)){do something}
    }
    However Radio3 is a null reference, this control reference doesn;'t get
    initialises. I saw this behaviour more often and with different types of
    controls.
    Anybody got an idea?
    Greetz Boris
    Boris Nieuwenhuis, Nov 6, 2003