Control's Id property

Guest

Hello All:

I have a user control that is composed of a lable and a textbox. When I
populate the textbox, I set its id property to a unique value so that I can
use the FincControl page method later to retrieve the value that the user
enters into the textbox.

..NET is prepending ctl_number (where number is 1, 2, 3, etc) ontp the id,
I'm sure to ensure it's uniquemess. Is there any way for em to turn this
off? Are there any other ways of handling this situation?

TIA,

Terry Burns

No you cant turn it off, you can however, use the
YourControl.Controls.FindControl('ControlName') to get the control by its ID