convert mail to mozilla format

Alythh

when switching from Kmail to Mozilla, I ended up (don't exactly
remember how) with all the mails from each folder bundled in a single
mailmessage in Moz.
I know the little Perl needed to parse this big messages and split
them to single chunks, but then what? How can I save them as single
emails recognizable by Moz?

I saw that for a given Moz folder e.g. "Work" Mozilla keeps the files:
Work
Work.msf
(and a directory Work.sbd if the folder contains subfolders)

the typical "Work" file too seems a big chunk, while Work.msf has the
header // <!-- <mdb:mork:z v="1.4"/> --> on it.

Any idea on how to proceed?

Thanks!

Alessandro Magni

chris-usenet

Alythh said:
when switching from Kmail to Mozilla, I ended up (don't exactly
remember how) with all the mails from each folder bundled in a single
mailmessage in Moz.

That suggests the "From " header (no, not "From:") is missing from each
of the mail messages. Check this by looking at the first line of the
file - it should start with a line like this example:
From someone@somewhere Sun Dec 7 00:00:00 2004

In perl, that should match something like this RE:
/^From \S+ \w{3} \w{3} [ \d]\d \d\d:\d\d:\d\d \d{4}$/
I know the little Perl needed to parse this big messages and split
them to single chunks, but then what? How can I save them as single
emails recognizable by Moz?

I would have expected it to "just work". I use thunderbird here (an
offshoot from moz) and it keeps my messages in one file per folder.
I saw that for a given Moz folder e.g. "Work" Mozilla keeps the files:
Work
Work.msf
(and a directory Work.sbd if the folder contains subfolders)

In this example, "Work" is the file containing all the messages for the
folder "Work". "Work.msf" is a set of lookup keys to "Work" and can be
safely deleted (moz will rebuild it automatically). "Work.sbd" is the
directory used to hold subfolders of "Work", if required.

Chris