Convert PDF to Image

OTB

Hi,

I need to convert a page from a PDF to a JPG image.
I have found a solution based on jdk 1.4 version, but i need to find an
equivalent for the jdk 1.3.
http://www.jpedal.org/image_tut1.php

I have an other linker question :
Do a JAR 'imageio' exists for java 1.3 with all classes javax.imageio.*
of the jdk 1.4 ?

Thanks.

Andrew Thompson

OTB wrote:
I need to convert a page from a PDF to a JPG image.

Why JPEG? JPEG is not well suited to storing images
that are mostly text or line drawings. PNG might be
better suited (especially if you drop the image to 256
or less colors).
I have an other linker question :
Do a JAR 'imageio' exists for java 1.3 with all classes javax.imageio.*
of the jdk 1.4 ?

A good way to test is to write a class that uses
the functionality you are interested in, then
attempt to compile it using a -bootclasspath
pointing to a 1.3 version rt.jar.

(Note, you might also consult a late model JavaDocs
and look for the '@since' tags, but that is not neally
as certain as compiling aginst the 1.3 jar)

Andrew T.