    Do a JAR 'imageio' exists for java 1.3 with all classes javax.imageio.*
    of the jdk 1.4 ?

    Thanks.

    OTB, Jan 15, 2007

  2. OTB wrote:
    > I need to convert a page from a PDF to a JPG image.

    Why JPEG? JPEG is not well suited to storing images
    that are mostly text or line drawings. PNG might be
    better suited (especially if you drop the image to 256
    or less colors).

    > I have an other linker question :
    > Do a JAR 'imageio' exists for java 1.3 with all classes javax.imageio.*
    > of the jdk 1.4 ?

    A good way to test is to write a class that uses
    the functionality you are interested in, then
    attempt to compile it using a -bootclasspath
    pointing to a 1.3 version rt.jar.

    (Note, you might also consult a late model JavaDocs
    and look for the '@since' tags, but that is not neally
    as certain as compiling aginst the 1.3 jar)

    Andrew T.

    Andrew Thompson, Jan 15, 2007