    i have project in ahdl (max plus II). Is it possible to convert it to vhdl?

    I tried to use XPort, but there were errors.

    zlotawy

    zlotawy, Jan 30, 2007

  2. zlotawy

    Andy Guest

    On Jan 30, 12:07 pm, "zlotawy" <> wrote:
    > hi,
    > i have project in ahdl (max plus II). Is it possible to convert it to vhdl?
    >
    > I tried to use XPort, but there were errors.
    >
    > zlotawy

    Xilinx has an ahdl to vhdl translator, but the license is limited to
    use with xilinx fpga's. Call Altera and tell them you're going to
    switch devices if they don't translate it for you, or start providing
    a tool that will do the same.

    Most ahdl code I've seen was not really suitable to use in translated
    form (not that the translation was bad, just the original design of
    the circuit). Once translated, it may serve as a "truth" model to
    compare in a testbench with the modified or re-written vhdl you come
    up with.

    Andy

    Andy, Jan 31, 2007