    to a web service? Any examples, online resources or any book details will be
    appreciated ....

    TA
    Annie, Oct 9, 2005

  2. Hello Annie,

    You should understand that WS is just RemoteInterface to your system, in
    general WS plays facade role.
    So, if u have Search function in some component and want extract it to the
    WS the first step you need to undertake
    is to create contract. In means that you need create XSD description of your
    interface that WS will expose,
    and using xsd.exe create a class from you XSD file. In this class you call
    your Search function from
    component.

    A> hello guys,
    A> There are many books on how to create web service application from
    A> scratch
    A> however I haven't found
    A> any resource to explain how to convert an existing application to
    A> support
    A> web services.
    A> As an example, let is say I have a 3-tier architecture application
    A> and in
    A> this example let is say I have
    A> a function Search which gets a customer ID and returns a Dataset. How
    A> can
    A> wrap up this component
    A> to a web service? Any examples, online resources or any book details
    A> will be
    A> appreciated ....
    A> TA

    ---
    WBR,
    Michael Nemtsev :: blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/laflour

    "At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
    cease to be insipid." (c) Friedrich Nietzsch
    Michael Nemtsev, Oct 9, 2005

  3. Annie

    Annie Guest

    Hi Michael,

    Thanks for your information ... however, that is very vague "to create
    contract" ... I know what web services is
    and how it works ... the way you explain is more type of Message-Oriented WS
    which are not very scalable and not
    really matching with SOA if I understand your clue correctly. I have never
    used WS to create a Middleware for an existing system.

    I really, want some details resources ... eg online with a implemented
    scenario or a worthy book.

    TA

    Annie, Oct 10, 2005
  4. Annie

    ViewState Guest

    go to www.codeproject.com or msdn comunity you will find lots of info...
    there are many books too

    ViewState, Oct 10, 2005
  5. Hello Annie,

    It's not vague, it's standard of the SOA
    Maybe u missed smth, but the last version of SOA is not RPC at all,
    it's message orient, bases on the document style. And it's why I recoment
    to use this kind
    of exposing.
    Moreover RPC is not scalable, they can't perform very good solution for robust
    and scalability
    and was obliged to move to the MOM (Message Orient Middleware). See w3c
    description of last version of SOA
    Now it's a *good* solution if u need to use SOA

    I've posted some links in my blog about this, repost them over here

    http://www.w3.org/TR/soap12-part2/
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...dnpag/html/archserviceorientedintegration.asp
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/architect...pull=/library/en-us/dnbda/html/srorientwp.asp
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag/html/implsoiwithnet.asp

    A> Thanks for your information ... however, that is very vague "to
    A> create
    A> contract" ... I know what web services is
    A> and how it works ... the way you explain is more type of
    A> Message-Oriented WS
    A> which are not very scalable and not
    A> really matching with SOA if I understand your clue correctly. I have
    A> never
    A> used WS to create a Middleware for an existing system.
    A> I really, want some details resources ... eg online with a
    A> implemented scenario or a worthy book.
    A>
    A> TA
    A>
    A> "Michael Nemtsev" <> wrote in message
    A>
    >> Hello Annie,
    >>
    >> You should understand that WS is just RemoteInterface to your system,
    >> in
    >> general WS plays facade role.
    >> So, if u have Search function in some component and want extract it
    >> to the
    >> WS the first step you need to undertake is to create contract. In
    >> means
    >> that you need create XSD description of your interface that WS will
    >> expose,
    >> and using xsd.exe create a class from you XSD file. In this class you
    >> call
    >> your Search function from component.
    >> A> hello guys,
    >> A> There are many books on how to create web service application from
    >> A> scratch
    >> A> however I haven't found
    >> A> any resource to explain how to convert an existing application to
    >> A> support
    >> A> web services.
    >> A> As an example, let is say I have a 3-tier architecture application
    >> A> and in
    >> A> this example let is say I have
    >> A> a function Search which gets a customer ID and returns a Dataset.
    >> How
    >> A> can
    >> A> wrap up this component
    >> A> to a web service? Any examples, online resources or any book
    >> details
    >> A> will be
    >> A> appreciated ....
    >> A> TA
    >> A> ---
    >> WBR,
    >> Michael Nemtsev :: blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/laflour
    >> "At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents
    >> do not cease to be insipid." (c) Friedrich Nietzsche

    ---

    Michael Nemtsev, Oct 10, 2005
  6. Annie

    Annie Guest

    Hello Michael,

    I appreciate all your help and time posting the details,

    cheers

    Annie, Oct 11, 2005