Converting IFMapper into Win32 executables

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Arnel, Oct 22, 2006.

  1. Arnel

    Arnel Guest

    Hi -

    Anyone familiar with IFMapper, Ruby and/or its components? I've been
    trying to "compile" the IFMapper program into an executable file that
    can run under Windows without having to install the whole Ruby package
    but I can't make it run.

    I've been using the Rubyscript2EXE software for this, and it does
    "compile". When I try to run the compiled .EXE file, nothing happens.
    I'm not very familiar with Ruby, so I thought I'd ask here (I was
    referred here from rec.arts.int-fiction).

    All comments are welcome - even those that suggest another mapping tool
    instead :)

    Thanks in advance.

    --Arnel

    Arnel, Oct 22, 2006

  2. Arnel

    gga Guest

    Arnel ha escrito:

    I wrote it, so yes :)

    > I've been using the Rubyscript2EXE software for this, and it does
    > "compile". When I try to run the compiled .EXE file, nothing happens.
    > I'm not very familiar with Ruby, so I thought I'd ask here (I was
    > referred here from rec.arts.int-fiction).

    You are probably better asking the author of rubyscript2exe.
    Rubyscript2exe does seem to have some bugs here and there.
    One thing of note is that rubyscript2exe requires you to open and
    execute each file requester and menu option on ifmapper (pretty
    tedious), so that rubyscript2exe becomes aware of some files that are
    loaded on demand only.

    Anyway, since you are the second person that asked for it, I created
    two .exe files for windows of ifmapper and uploaded them onto the
    rubyforge website. They seem to work okay for me, but let me know if
    they don't work for you.
    I won't guarantee I'll keep updating them if I do some new release of
    ifmapper, but at least it will be something...

    gga, Oct 28, 2006