converting txt to pdf

middletree

A site I am building will have a text link which will bring up this page in
a new browser:
http://www.crgm06.com/aval.txt

It's a list of available loads (for a company that finds trucks and drivers
for loads to be delivered). It gets updated constantly, I think every
fifteen minutes or so. The site I am building is going to have a link which
will bring up the aforementioned txt page, but I am being asked to convert
it to PDF before displaying it.

The page above is not on the same domain or even the same company as the
site I am building. It's being fed from a Unix database, but I will have no
access to that db. My site is going to be classic ASP on Windows 20000 or
2003 servers. I will have access to either Access or SQL Server db if I need
them. However, I have no reason to think I will need a db for any other
parts of the site.

I don't think this part that I am asking about will ned a db either, but am
trying to provide all the info in my post that I can.

My question is, is there a way to take some data in a text file, and convert
it to PDF on the fly and displaying that for the user?

I went to http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2207 but didn't see that any of
the applications/components there would help any.

Bullschmidt

Hopefully these will give you some ideas:

Using Microsoft's XMLHTTP Object to Get Data From Other Web Pages by
Richard Lowe - 11/1/2000
"Retrieve data from other web sites."

How do I read the contents of a remote web page? - 5/2/2001
http://www.aspfaq.com/faq/faqShow.asp?fid=119

How do I generate PDF files from ASP? - 11/1/2001
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2207

Best regards,
J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance ASP Web Designer
http://www.Bullschmidt.com
ASP Designer Tips, ASP Web Database Demo, Free ASP Bar Chart Tool...

middletree

I had already been through the 2207 article, but I think the other two will
be helpful. Thanks very much.