Converting Web Site to Web Application (AJAX web service goes missing)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Lloyd Sheen, Nov 15, 2007.

  1. Lloyd Sheen

    Lloyd Sheen Guest

    I have just completed (almost) an exercise to convert a web site to a web
    app (acedemic reasons - just to see the differences).

    A few bumps on the road such as copying class files to the new solution and
    wondering for a while why the classes did not show up. It was because the
    properties for the class file were "content" rather than "compile". Also
    copied all my images to a newly created image folder outside the IDE. There
    is no context menu item to refresh a folder in the Web App so it was out of
    the car and back in to fix that.

    One problem remains. I have Javascript code to log some information. In
    the Web site code it works great. You have to add the
    <System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService()> _ (using VB) attribute to the
    class file for the web service and it then works. I copied the same code to
    the Web App and when I do the Javascript call it fails saying it cannot find
    the Web Service.

    Any ideas??

    I have not posted code until someone lets me know what parts of the code are
    needed for helping.

    Thanks,
    Lloyd Sheen
    Lloyd Sheen, Nov 15, 2007

  2. Lloyd Sheen

    Lloyd Sheen Guest

    PS

    http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax-videos/video-82.aspx

    This is where I got original code to convert web service to be used from
    AJAX.

    LS

    Lloyd Sheen, Nov 15, 2007