Cookie Caching Problem...

Charlie@NISH

Hi:

Our portal writes a cookie to browser on login. The cookie is then
requested by applications launched by portal as a way of passing
credentials. The problem is when logging off portal, then logging back in
as another person, cookie retrieved by application belongs to first user who
is now logged out. Portal is correctly adding and removing cookies on login
and logout so it appears the old cookie is being kept in memory somewhere
and being re-used. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Charlie

Craig Hunt

Are you removing or expiring the cookie?

If you're not expiring the cookie - i.e. setting its expiration to something
like dateadd(year, -30, datetime.now()), you will likely run into situations
of this nature.

Cheers!
Craig