Cookie Problem

Beenz

I am using cookies to keep track of users' sessions. If the cookie is
disbaled or browser do not support cookies we show an appropriate page
to the user saying that upgrade to such and such browser or enable the
cookies. Now, one of my users just install some latest windows patches
and suddenly it seems that cookies has stopped working. There is a
remmber me checkbox on my login page, if user checks it I write a
cookie. Its working fine at my PC and on many other PCs but on this
particular user's PC checking the rember me check box do not allow him
to login. If he unchecks it, it works fine. Please do not suggest
session tracking by attaching an ID in the URL.

Looking forward to your reply.
regards,
Beenish Sahar Khan

Beenz

read it but wasn't able to find anything usefull w.r.t. my problem. Am
I missing something?

Edwin Knoppert

I wish someone would take this topic seriously.
We have a lot of users not being able to login, seems somehow cookies can
not be saved while javascript and dotnet code show the client has cookies
enabled.
I guess it's a anti-virus matter or sort of.
Using cookie-less is just a very poor solution.

Imo it only happens with MSIE.

Jon Paal

Without specifics it's not possible to be more helpful. We can't see your code and you have not provided any error messages. You
are simply telling us sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Chances are if it is working for you and others then the problem is with the single user.

perhaps he is caching old pages and needs to set his browser to refresh on every visit to thepage.

or ... ???

Edwin Knoppert

Well, due misunderstaning i never stored with persistant boolean set to
true.
After reading this is used to use the cookie between sessions.
Yesterday i set this to true, today i had no complaints but i'll have to
wait a few days more.

From the help:
"true if the ticket will be stored in a persistent cookie (saved across
browser sessions); otherwise, false. If the ticket is stored in the URL,
this value is ignored."

I have the feeling this is it.