cookie expiration

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Ram, Sep 5, 2006.

  1. Ram

    Ram Guest

    Hi

    I am using cookie to store unique encrypted token, i want to use the cookie
    expire time 8 hours.

    I doing like below to expire:
    Cookie.Expres = DateTime.Now.AddHours(8)

    Its working in my local system as both are in same time zones. I got the
    problem when I deployed my application to Server, unfortunatley this server
    is in GMT time zone and my client is in GMT+5:30 time zone, So when i login
    to my ASP.NET application cookie expiration is taking I hour + some minutes
    more to expire. I can even see this in my cookie file expires attribute in my
    local machine.

    How to set cookie expire property when server and client are in diffrent
    timezones.

    Could anybody help me as it is become critical ?

    Ram, Sep 5, 2006