Cookie Munger

Tony Mochan

I have a problem that I'm hoping will be solved by eliminating cookies from
our website ...

To this end, I've installed cookie munger on IIS5, and now the following
code doesn't work (it did before)

If Session("Login") = "None" Then
Response.Write "401 Unauthorized" ' Write the text access denied...
Session("Login") = "Surgeon" ' Set login = true
Response.Status = "401 Unauthorized" ' The status of our visitor is
still unauthorized
Response.AddHeader "WWW-Authenticate","BASIC Realm=AuditWeb" ' Send the
Authentication dialog request.
Response.End ' Send all! (Flush) all headers
Else
' If the user entered a password... continue
' Now check username and password!
etc...

No Authentication box appears ... any ideas how to fix this?

Many thanks

Tony