Cookie naming conventions

Rob

Hi,

I'm using ASP to create a persistent cookie. The following
code is used...

CODE_STARTS
'and set up our cookie...
Response.Cookies("login_authorised")("username") = username
Response.Cookies("login_authorised")("firstname") = rs
("firstname")
Response.Cookies("login_authorised")("email") = rs("email")
Response.Cookies("login_authorised")("verify") =
checkstring

Response.Cookies("login_authorised").Expires = #01/01/2006#
CODE_ENDS

I have checked that the values are being passed in, and
that they are strings and when I run this code standalone
it works.

The problem seems to lie in IE creating two seperate
cookies. Under what circumstances would ASP force IE to
create a new cookie rather than using the existing one?

i.e. www.mydomain.com[1].txt is replaced with
www.mydomain.com[2].txt instead of being reused

rob

I've solved my own problem

....perhaps this will help someone else

I was changing a value of the cookie later on, and did not
realise that this would cause the cookie to be resent to
the browser ___without an expiry date___ , hence the
cookie was being created, but then it's expiry was being
removed, and so it only got written to the file system for
a brief moment.

thanks

rob.