Cookielib in Jython

Felipe De Bene

Hi There,
I'm trying to run an App I wrote in Python 2.5.2 in Jython 2.2.1 and
everything works fine except when I try to import the Standard
CPython's cookielib. I know this may sound stupid, I could use an
advice here on what's wrong. Thanks in advance,
Felipe.

Output:
Jython 2.2.1 on java1.6.0_07
Type "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.Traceback (innermost last):
Traceback (innermost last):
Traceback (innermost last):
File "<console>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: no module named CookieLib

bieffe62

Hi There,
I'm trying to run an App I wrote in Python 2.5.2 in Jython 2.2.1 and
everything works fine except when I try to import the Standard
CPython's cookielib. I know this may sound stupid, I could use an
advice here on what's wrong. Thanks in advance,
Felipe.

Output:
Jython 2.2.1 on java1.6.0_07
Type "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.>>> import cookielib

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<console>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: no module named cookielib>>> from cookielib import *

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<console>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: no module named cookielib>>> from CookieLib import *

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<console>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: no module named CookieLib

Obviously, choockielib is not in your jython installation.
If this module is a pure python module and not a wrupper of an
underlying C
module, you could try simple to get is from a CPython installation,
try and
compile it with Jython inside the code. If the module does not use any
feature
of the language introduced after Python 2.2, or other unsupported
modules,
it could work and you can use it inside your program as it was one of
your modules.

HTH

Felipe De Bene

Obviously, choockielib is not in your jython installation.
If this module is a pure python module and not a wrupper of an
underlying C
module, you could try simple to get is from a CPython installation,
try and
compile it with Jython inside the code. If the module does not use any
feature
of the language introduced after Python 2.2, or other unsupported
modules,
it could work and you can use it inside your program as it was one of
your modules.

HTH

Thanks that worked :D