cookies

Ted Bogucki

using asp.net

I can write out cookies using response.cookies and read cooies with
request.cookies

If I enable a firewall like zonealarm then the cookies wiill write out but
the asp page will not read the cookies. This is if block third part
cookies is enabled. If I allow third party cookies then it will work.

If I display the cookie collection it will show a count of zero. I can
edit the cookie on the disk with notepad and see the data.

other web sites write and read info to my computer with cookies and zone
alarm is set to block them. why does request.cookies fail to get the
information back

All I want to do is write a uniqe identifier to the clients computer that I
can then query to
1. auto login
2. retain shopping cart info.

I was planning on writing out an encrypted key that will correspond to a
record with the information in a SQL database