CoolRunner 2 CPLD

Duccio

I want to know if the X2c family (coolrunner II) have a non-volatile
program memory inside its package: I would like a non-volatile memory
(eeprom...) that contains the "programs" also
when it's extinguished (and with a number of macrocells comparable with
a small/medium fpga).
However I would know the name of a low-power, non-volatile program
memory family (CPLD).
Another question: can I use the XC9500 programmer (seen
here: http://www.xilinx.com/support/programr/files/0380507.pdf) to
program the X2c family (or where I can find some programers for the
CPLD package)?

Thanks
Duccio

Dave Pollum

Duccio said:
I want to know if the X2c family (coolrunner II) have a non-volatile
program memory inside its package: I would like a non-volatile memory
(eeprom...) that contains the "programs" also
when it's extinguished (and with a number of macrocells comparable with
a small/medium fpga).
However I would know the name of a low-power, non-volatile program
memory family (CPLD).
Another question: can I use the XC9500 programmer (seen
here: http://www.xilinx.com/support/programr/files/0380507.pdf) to
program the X2c family (or where I can find some programers for the
CPLD package)?

Thanks
Duccio

Duccio;

The Xilinx CPLDs have non-volatile configuration memory, which means
they do not have to be programmed or loaded every time the CPLD is
powered up. I'm not sure if the XC9500 programmer will work with the
X2C family. If I recall, Digilent (www.digilentinc.com) sells
CoolRunner II boards and inexpensive programming cables. It may be
simpler to buy vs. build a programmer.

HTH
-Dave Pollum

Klaus Falser

I want to know if the X2c family (coolrunner II) have a non-volatile
program memory inside its package: I would like a non-volatile memory
(eeprom...) that contains the "programs" also
when it's extinguished (and with a number of macrocells comparable with
a small/medium fpga).
However I would know the name of a low-power, non-volatile program
memory family (CPLD).
Another question: can I use the XC9500 programmer (seen
here: http://www.xilinx.com/support/programr/files/0380507.pdf) to
program the X2c family (or where I can find some programers for the
CPLD package)?

Thanks
Duccio
I believe this is the circuit diagram for the old DLC5 Parallel
Cable-III. This cable works with I/O voltages of 5V, 3.3 V and may work
with 2.5 V.

If your Coolrunner-II design uses 3.3V (2.5V) as I/O voltage it will
work, but it will not work with 1.5V I/O voltage.

Best regards
Klaus