    CPLD package)?

    Thanks
    Duccio

    Duccio, Mar 16, 2006

  2. Duccio

    Dave Pollum Guest

    Duccio wrote:
    > I want to know if the X2c family (coolrunner II) have a non-volatile
    > program memory inside its package: I would like a non-volatile memory
    > (eeprom...) that contains the "programs" also
    > when it's extinguished (and with a number of macrocells comparable with
    > a small/medium fpga).
    > However I would know the name of a low-power, non-volatile program
    > memory family (CPLD).
    > Another question: can I use the XC9500 programmer (seen
    > here: http://www.xilinx.com/support/programr/files/0380507.pdf) to
    > program the X2c family (or where I can find some programers for the
    > CPLD package)?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Duccio

    Duccio;

    The Xilinx CPLDs have non-volatile configuration memory, which means
    they do not have to be programmed or loaded every time the CPLD is
    powered up. I'm not sure if the XC9500 programmer will work with the
    X2C family. If I recall, Digilent (www.digilentinc.com) sells
    CoolRunner II boards and inexpensive programming cables. It may be
    simpler to buy vs. build a programmer.

    HTH
    -Dave Pollum

    Dave Pollum, Mar 20, 2006

  3. Duccio

    Klaus Falser Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I want to know if the X2c family (coolrunner II) have a non-volatile
    > program memory inside its package: I would like a non-volatile memory
    > (eeprom...) that contains the "programs" also
    > when it's extinguished (and with a number of macrocells comparable with
    > a small/medium fpga).
    > However I would know the name of a low-power, non-volatile program
    > memory family (CPLD).
    > Another question: can I use the XC9500 programmer (seen
    > here: http://www.xilinx.com/support/programr/files/0380507.pdf) to
    > program the X2c family (or where I can find some programers for the
    > CPLD package)?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Duccio

    I believe this is the circuit diagram for the old DLC5 Parallel
    Cable-III. This cable works with I/O voltages of 5V, 3.3 V and may work
    with 2.5 V.

    If your Coolrunner-II design uses 3.3V (2.5V) as I/O voltage it will
    work, but it will not work with 1.5V I/O voltage.

    Best regards
    Klaus

    Klaus Falser, Mar 21, 2006