    specify when open a new window, or what?

    Your input very much appreciated.

    yk
    yk, Oct 3, 2006

  2. yk

    Evertjan. Guest

    yk wrote on 03 okt 2006 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > In some web application you can copy a context

    What do you mean by "context"here?

    > and paste it to your
    > notepad for example, but in others you cannot. Is it something you
    > specify when open a new window, or what?
    >
    > Your input very much appreciated.

    What would be the javascrip connection of your Q?
    Evertjan., Oct 3, 2006

  3. yk

    yk Guest

    Evertjan. wrote:
    > yk wrote on 03 okt 2006 in comp.lang.javascript:
    >
    > > In some web application you can copy a context

    > What do you mean by "context"here?

    I meant just the text on the screen... in some apps client just want
    to copy a portion of the data to their computer, without printing the
    whole page or report

    yk, Oct 3, 2006
  4. yk

    Evertjan. Guest

    yk wrote on 03 okt 2006 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > Evertjan. wrote:
    >> yk wrote on 03 okt 2006 in comp.lang.javascript:
    >>
    >> > In some web application you can copy a context

    >> What do you mean by "context"here?

    > I meant just the text on the screen... in some apps client just want
    > to copy a portion of the data to their computer, without printing the
    > whole page or report

    Yes?

    "data on their computer"?

    Do you mean text on their screen in a window?

    Page in a www browser?

    What programme?

    >> > and paste it to your
    >> > notepad for example, but in others you cannot. Is it something you
    >> > specify when open a new window, or what?
    >> >
    >> > Your input very much appreciated.

    >> What would be the javascrip connection of your Q?

    Please answer this question too.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Oct 3, 2006
  5. yk

    Touffy Guest

    On 2006-10-03 16:40:28 +0200, "yk" <> said:

    > I meant just the text on the screen... in some apps client just want
    > to copy a portion of the data to their computer, without printing the
    > whole page or report

    You mean you can't select some text on the page, sometimes don't even
    have a text cursor when you move over it ?
    It's usually caused by objects with large invisible margins being
    rendered above the text, and is usually not even intentionnal.

    All you need to do to avoid this is be careful when you play with
    element positioning, and that's a CSS issue. JavaScript can do
    absolutely nothing about it.

    --
    David Junger
    Touffy, Oct 3, 2006