copy and paste

yk

In some web application you can copy a context and paste it to your
notepad for example, but in others you cannot. Is it something you
specify when open a new window, or what?

Your input very much appreciated.

yk

Evertjan.

yk wrote on 03 okt 2006 in comp.lang.javascript:
In some web application you can copy a context

What do you mean by "context"here?
and paste it to your
notepad for example, but in others you cannot. Is it something you
specify when open a new window, or what?

Your input very much appreciated.

What would be the javascrip connection of your Q?

yk

Evertjan. said:
yk wrote on 03 okt 2006 in comp.lang.javascript:

What do you mean by "context"here?

I meant just the text on the screen... in some apps client just want
to copy a portion of the data to their computer, without printing the
whole page or report

Evertjan.

yk wrote on 03 okt 2006 in comp.lang.javascript:
I meant just the text on the screen... in some apps client just want
to copy a portion of the data to their computer, without printing the
whole page or report

Yes?

"data on their computer"?

Do you mean text on their screen in a window?

Page in a www browser?

What programme?

Please answer this question too.

Touffy

I meant just the text on the screen... in some apps client just want
to copy a portion of the data to their computer, without printing the
whole page or report

You mean you can't select some text on the page, sometimes don't even
have a text cursor when you move over it ?
It's usually caused by objects with large invisible margins being
rendered above the text, and is usually not even intentionnal.

All you need to do to avoid this is be careful when you play with
element positioning, and that's a CSS issue. JavaScript can do
absolutely nothing about it.