COPY field values?? Need Ideas!

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Maximus, Apr 12, 2007.

  1. Maximus

    Maximus Guest

    I have an issue and I am not sure what the best resolution would be.
    Currently I have an .asp page that looks for a record in an Access
    table (tbl_WJS_Input) where the week ending date is mm/dd/yyyy and
    JobNumber is 12345. If the 12345 job number doesn't exist with that
    particular week ending date the record is created. The page then
    displays the form fields to allow the user to update the fields in the
    table.

    Fields in the table are as follows:

    jobNumber - integer
    weekEndingDate - date
    currentHoursA - text
    currentHoursB - text
    reportRequired1 - yes/no
    reportRequired1b - yes/no
    reportSubmitted1 - yes/no
    reportSubmitted1b - yes/no

    This week ending date changes every Friday. Currently, if a user
    brings up the .asp page the week ending date is 4/5/2007, tomorrow
    (Friday) the week ending date will change to 4/12/2007. So, tomorrow
    when the user brings up the .asp page it will want to create the new
    record with the 4/12/2007 weekending date. I need to grab the yes/no
    settings of the week ending 4/5/2007 recordset. I am not sure how to
    go about doing that?

    Thanks

    Maximus, Apr 12, 2007

  2. Maximus wrote:
    > I have an issue and I am not sure what the best resolution would be.
    > Currently I have an .asp page that looks for a record in an Access
    > table (tbl_WJS_Input) where the week ending date is mm/dd/yyyy and
    > JobNumber is 12345. If the 12345 job number doesn't exist with that
    > particular week ending date the record is created. The page then
    > displays the form fields to allow the user to update the fields in the
    > table.
    >
    > Fields in the table are as follows:
    >
    > jobNumber - integer
    > weekEndingDate - date
    > currentHoursA - text
    > currentHoursB - text
    > reportRequired1 - yes/no
    > reportRequired1b - yes/no
    > reportSubmitted1 - yes/no
    > reportSubmitted1b - yes/no
    >

    > This week ending date changes every Friday. Currently, if a user
    > brings up the .asp page the week ending date is 4/5/2007, tomorrow
    > (Friday) the week ending date will change to 4/12/2007. So, tomorrow
    > when the user brings up the .asp page it will want to create the new
    > record with the 4/12/2007 weekending date. I need to grab the yes/no
    > settings of the week ending 4/5/2007 recordset. I am not sure how to
    > go about doing that?

    Insert into tbl_WJS_Input
    select * from tbl_WJS_Input
    where weekEndingDate = #2007-04-05#