copy from word to textarea field

Jason

I'm curious to know if there is a way to copy text from a Microsoft Word
document to a textarea field and keep some of the formatting info. I
used to think this was impossible, but I've been told that ANGEL - A New
Global Environment for Learning, does exactly this.

So is there a way using javascript to catch this formatting info and
somehow use it? Or is it more likely using VBScript to access the
clipboard on the remote machine?

I've had clients ask for this functionality in the past, but I thought
it was an impossibility. Now that I've been proven wrong, I'd love to
find out it is possible to do using Javascript. I'm not sure I can
force myself to actually implement something using VBScript since that
means I automatically force clients to use a certain browser; however, I
will deal with that when the time comes.

Jason