copying asp.net projects across machines...

Daniel Bass

I've been working on a asp.net web application, which hooks into a database
on a sqlserver server, and want to allow another person to view, and edit
the project locally on their machine.

What's the easiest way to setup the project on their machine?

First, I copyed my InetPub/wwwroot etc etc source files accross to their
machine. Then they've created a new project on their machine, so that the
IIS stuff is initialised properly, then using, "Add Existing Items", they've
added all their local copy of the source to their project.

This all works great, until the database is accessed... It says there is
something about a SQLServer connection error and access rights etc. So I
found the connection I'd made and deleted it, then, through server explorer
found the server and database i wanted and drag and dropped it and
initialised it so i could see all the tables etc fine. But the same problem
occurred on the database.Open() command.

i. How do I fix this?
ii. Alternatively, am I going about this the hard and backward way when .Net
suggests otherwise?

Thanks!!
Dan.