copyright footer on multiple html pages

me

Hi,

It must be simple, but I cannot find a solution quickly.

Without use of frames, I want to place a footer (in this case copyright text
info) as a full text under all my pages.
The full copyright text is in a page "copyright.html".

What simple HTML code to use to place my "copyright.html" text under all
pages?

I must have a black out as i cannot find a way that quick ;-(

Hans

Hywel Jenkins

Hi,

It must be simple, but I cannot find a solution quickly.

Without use of frames, I want to place a footer (in this case copyright text
info) as a full text under all my pages.
The full copyright text is in a page "copyright.html".

What simple HTML code to use to place my "copyright.html" text under all
pages?

I must have a black out as i cannot find a way that quick ;-(

SSI.

Roy Schestowitz

Hywel said:

Huh?!?!

If your pages are static, e.g. HTML or plain text, you will need to add the
text to each. You can use Perl scripts to apply operations to batches of
files, e.g. to add footers to all files or modify the footers. If you
generate pages on the fly (let us say with PHP), then you need only change
the 'template' and your life is ever more easy.

Roy

William Hughes

Huh?!?!

If your pages are static, e.g. HTML or plain text, you will need to add the
text to each. You can use Perl scripts to apply operations to batches of
files, e.g. to add footers to all files or modify the footers. If you
generate pages on the fly (let us say with PHP), then you need only change
the 'template' and your life is ever more easy.

Why go to all that trouble? Just use SSI (Server-Side Includes) as Jenkins
indicated:

In each file:

<!--#include virtual="./includes/copyright.txt"-->

In "copyright.txt":

This page copyright 2005 by I. M. Author.

Now, if the question is how to put that #include statement into several dozen
files quickly, use an automated text-replacement utility. I use Xchange:

http://www.simes.clara.co.uk/programs/xchange.htm

me

William Hughes said:
Why go to all that trouble? Just use SSI (Server-Side Includes) as Jenkins
indicated:

In each file:

<!--#include virtual="./includes/copyright.txt"-->

In "copyright.txt":

This page copyright 2005 by I. M. Author.

Now, if the question is how to put that #include statement into several
dozen
files quickly, use an automated text-replacement utility. I use Xchange:

http://www.simes.clara.co.uk/programs/xchange.htm

What about a ".htaccess" file?
Do you have to upload that file?

This is a rhetorical question out of curriosity as my provider does not
allow me to use ssi (see my other message).

Hans

me

me said:
Hi,

It must be simple, but I cannot find a solution quickly.

Without use of frames, I want to place a footer (in this case copyright
text info) as a full text under all my pages.
The full copyright text is in a page "copyright.html".

What simple HTML code to use to place my "copyright.html" text under all
pages?

I must have a black out as i cannot find a way that quick ;-(

Hans

What if i use an iframe to place the copyright.html page on all my webpages?
How is it with acceptation and support by browsers if using iframe?

Hans

Spartanicus

me said:
What if i use an iframe to place the copyright.html page on all my webpages?
How is it with acceptation and support by browsers if using iframe?

Use your editor's Search & Replace, no need for problematic things like
server side inclusion or frames.

Roy Schestowitz

Hywel said:
Rubbish. Find out what SSI is, then come back.

I SSH'd to a remote SSA-enabled computer, browsed to an SSL'd Web site and
an SSC explained to me about SSI.

Now I know that I was wrong.

Roy