Could not access 'CDO.Message' object

Peter Bladh

Hi

I'm getting the following message when I try to send an email from an aspx
page

Could not access 'CDO.Message' object

.... but it only occures on one my machine. It works fine on my development
computer.

Can anyone give me a hint?

//peterbladh

S. Justin Gengo

It sounds as if CDO might not even be installed on the machine in question.
This is possible depending on what operating system / software is installed.
CDO is included with a lot of things, but not everything.

Sincerely,

--
S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer

Free code library at:
www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzche

Peter Bladh

It seems to be installed (cdonts.dll is there...).

Can you think of any other reason(s)?

//peterbladh

S. Justin Gengo

Peter,

Hmmmm, if it's there then the only other thing I can think of is if you
aren't setting the server name.

[Mail Object's Name].SmtpServer = "[Your Server Name]"

Are you setting it this way?

Sincerely,

--
S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer

Free code library at:
www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzche

Peter Bladh

cdonts.dll is present...

I use an extarnal Exchange server. The dev. com puter also uses that server
(and that works).

//peter

Peter Bladh

Yes, I'm setting it like that..

//peter

Peter Bladh said:
It seems to be installed (cdonts.dll is there...).

Can you think of any other reason(s)?

//peterbladh

an
aspx