Could not access 'CDO.Message' object.

MattB

Yes, it's this one again.
I have a web application that works in most environments, but we've
installed at a client site who wanted to use a Win2k3 domain controller
(yes I know this is a bad idea) for their web server.
On this particular server, the asp.net application cannot send out email
via smtp. I went about my usual troubleshooting, which included setting
up OE with all the same settings to make sure this machine can send and
it can with OE (usually if the pages won;t send OE won't either and it
gives me a meaningful error message). Then I try from the pages and I
get this error message back.
Is there a permission (maybe for the aspnet user) or anything else I
should look at to troubleshoot this? The very same code is working
flawlessly on about 10 other Win2k3 servers, but none of those are DCs.
So it makes me wonder if there's something about being a DC that would
make this fail.
Basically I'm at a loss. I've looked at several troubleshooting guides
for this error but they generally focus on coding issues which I'm
confident I don't have since it works elsewhere.
Any ideas? Thanks!

Matt

MattB

Tod said:
Hi Matt,

I was getting the same error message with a similar problem. Please
check out the article I wrote on this subject here:

http://tod1d.blogspot.com/2004/10/smtpmail-errors.html

Hope this helps.

Tod Birdsall, MCP
http://tod1d.blogspot.com

Oh, never mind my last question. I found those inner exceptions. Very
handy! It turns out the user had entered an invalid return email address
and the Exchange server we were using was catching that and rejecting
the email.

Thanks again!

Matt