Could not load type

Rob Meade

Hi all,

I have an application which has been running successfully on our old Windows
2000 Server .Net 1.1.

We have on several occasions tried to rebuild our infrastructure, and even a
demonstration laptop using Windows Server 2003, and each time we have we
always face the same problem.

Any of our .Net 1.1 applications always produce this error: Could not load
type

an example is below taken from a rebuilt version of the application, copied
to the new build server....

Server Error in '/cds' Application.

Parser Error

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'CDSTraining._Default'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false"
Codebehind="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="CDSTraining._Default" %>
Line 2: <%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="Application"
Src="WebUserControls/Application.ascx" %>
Line 3: <%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="Domain"
Src="WebUserControls/Domain.ascx" %>

It highlights line one.

We have changed the name of the class and this line to see if it makes any
difference, ie _Default to DefaultPage but nothing changes. As far as I can
see the server is configured correctly. ASP.Net is definately set to 1.1
for this application, in IIS the virtual directory has an application
created and its own application pool.

Any information would be really appreciated.

Regards

Rob