Couldn't create parent property with child properties expanded by plus sign...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?RW1pbCBHZW9yZ2lldg==?=, May 16, 2004.

  1. Hell
    I have a Web Custom Control project in ASP.NET. I'm using a subclassing technique to add functionality in HyperLink web

    server control. I want to create a property "BrowserWindow" of my class "NewWinHyperLink" which will contain child

    properties. When I use this custom control in testing web application these child properties don't appear with 'plus sign' in

    visual studio designer. I want to make my parent property to have plus sign in order to expand in VS designer and adjust its

    child properties (e.g. look at any web server contol and notice the Font property which have plus sign
    here is my sample code where I want to make BrowserWindow property appears with plus sign

    namespace CustomContro

    [ToolboxData("<{0}:NewWinHyperLink runat=server></{0}:NewWinHyperLink>")
    public class NewWinHyperLink : System.Web.UI.WebControls.HyperLin

    protected override void OnInit(EventArgs e

    base.Text = this.ID
    NavigateUrl = "#"
    // Do whatever the control usually does OnIni
    base.OnInit(e)

    private BrowserWindowInfo bwi = new BrowserWindowInfo()

    [Browsable(true)
    Bindable(true)
    Category("Design")
    public BrowserWindowInfo BrowserWindow //doesn't appear with plus sign

    ge

    return bwi

    se

    bwi = value

    public class BrowserWindowInf

    // String settings: default is blank
    private string m_strURL = "about:blank"
    // Integer settings: 0 invoked default
    private int m_Height = 0
    private int m_Width = 0

    [Browsable(true)
    Bindable(true)
    Category("Appearance")
    public string UR

    ge

    return m_strURL

    se

    m_strURL = value

    [Browsable(true)
    Bindable(true)
    Category("Appearance")
    public int Heigh

    ge

    return m_Height

    se

    m_Height = value

    [Browsable(true)
    Bindable(true)
    Category("Appearance")
    public int Widt

    ge

    return m_Width

    se

    m_Width = value

    Can anyone please give me some hint? Do u think if I miss any attribute only

    Thanx

    =?Utf-8?B?RW1pbCBHZW9yZ2lldg==?=, May 16, 2004