couldn't run the web service client generated from wsdl in VS.NET

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Steve, Feb 24, 2006.

  1. Steve

    Steve Guest

    In VS.NET, when I add the web reference that points to a WSDL, and run
    F5 to run the web service client, it always show the following message,
    and I couldn't do anything. any ideas? The interesting thing is that
    even I write the C# code first, and then generate the WSDL file, and it
    is fine. However, when I create another project and use that generated
    WSDL file for creating the client, it doesn't work again, but it is the
    WSDL generated by VS.NET, why it keep showing the following messages.
    any ideas? thanks

    This web service is using http://tempuri.org/ as its default namespace.
    Recommendation: Change the default namespace before the XML Web service
    is made public.
    Each XML Web service needs a unique namespace in order for client
    applications to distinguish it from other services on the Web.
    http://tempuri.org/ is available for XML Web services that are under
    development, but published XML Web services should use a more permanent
    namespace.

    Your XML Web service should be identified by a namespace that you
    control. For example, you can use your company's Internet domain name
    as part of the namespace. Although many XML Web service namespaces look
    like URLs, they need not point to actual resources on the Web. (XML Web
    service namespaces are URIs.)

    For XML Web services creating using ASP.NET, the default namespace can
    be changed using the WebService attribute's Namespace property. The
    WebService attribute is an attribute applied to the class that contains
    the XML Web service methods. Below is a code example that sets the
    namespace to "http://microsoft.com/webservices/":
    Steve, Feb 24, 2006