Crashes on an ASP.NET application

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?UmVmYWVsIEFja2VybWFubg==?=, Jun 25, 2007.

  1. We're in the final stages of developing a new version of our Flagship product.
    Many of the new features are based on ASP.NET 2.0
    Our last build started to manifest the following symptom:
    After installation some ASP.NET pages will load correctly, but after
    accessing x pages the x+1 page will crash during compilation, refreshing the
    browser will solve the issue for this page (it will load every time), but
    page x+2 will fail, and so on.
    This is an example of the event we're seeing in the Windows Event Log:

    Event code: 3005
    Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.
    Event time: 6/22/2007 10:28:21 AM
    Event time (UTC): 6/22/2007 8:28:21 AM
    Event ID: 30e5276b47194221a46698e611d36d45
    Event sequence: 103
    Event occurrence: 1
    Event detail code: 0

    Application information:
    Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/Root/Newsway-1-128269726612258696
    Trust level: Full
    Application Virtual Path: /Newsway
    Application Path: D:\Newsway\
    Machine name: VMBUILD-V

    Process information:
    Process ID: 1404
    Process name: w3wp.exe
    Account name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

    Exception information:
    Exception type: Exception
    Exception message: The method or operation is not implemented.

    Request information:
    Request URL:
    http://192.168.0.240/Newsway/ASPX/SetLayout/default.aspx?jobid=38
    Request path: /Newsway/ASPX/SetLayout/default.aspx
    User host address: 192.168.0.56
    User:
    Is authenticated: False
    Authentication Type:
    Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

    Thread information:
    Thread ID: 1
    Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Is impersonating: False
    Stack trace: at System.RuntimeTypeHandle._GetTypeByName(String name,
    Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly,
    StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName)
    at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean
    throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark&
    stackMark)
    at System.RuntimeType.PrivateGetType(String typeName, Boolean
    throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark&
    stackMark)
    at System.Type.GetType(String typeName)
    at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerInfo.get_IsCodeDomProviderTypeValid()
    at
    System.Web.Compilation.CompilationUtil.GetRecompilationHash(CompilationSection ps)
    at System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.get_RecompilationHash()
    at
    System.Web.Compilation.BuildResultCompiledType.ComputeHashCode(HashCodeCombiner hashCodeCombiner)
    at
    System.Web.Compilation.BuildResultCompiledTemplateType.ComputeHashCode(HashCodeCombiner hashCodeCombiner)
    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildResult.ComputeHashCode(Int64 hashCode1,
    Int64 hashCode2)
    at
    System.Web.Compilation.PreservationFileWriter.SaveBuildResultToFile(String
    preservationFile, BuildResult result, Int64 hashCode)
    at System.Web.Compilation.DiskBuildResultCache.CacheBuildResult(String
    cacheKey, BuildResult result, Int64 hashCode, DateTime utcStart)
    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CacheBuildResultInternal(String
    cacheKey, BuildResult result, Int64 hashCode, DateTime utcStart)
    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CacheBuildResult(String cacheKey,
    BuildResult result, DateTime utcStart)
    at
    System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CacheVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath
    virtualPath, BuildResult result, DateTime utcStart)
    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath
    virtualPath)
    at
    System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath
    virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean
    allowBuildInPrecompile)
    at
    System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext
    context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp,
    Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile)
    at
    System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath
    virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert)
    at
    System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath
    virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean
    allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert)
    at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext context,
    String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath)
    at
    System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.System.Web.IHttpHandlerFactory2.GetHandler(HttpContext
    context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath)
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String
    requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig)
    at
    System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
    completedSynchronously)

    Custom event details:

    =?Utf-8?B?UmVmYWVsIEFja2VybWFubg==?=, Jun 25, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UmVmYWVsIEFja2VybWFubg==?=

    bruce barker Guest

    most likely the compiler is using reflection and either one of your
    classes is thowing an error when a property is accessed (be sure your
    objects handle being instantiated with no request) or one page
    references another without a reference directive. (this will cause
    intermittent compile error depending on if the two pages end up in the
    same compiel batch).

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Jun 25, 2007