Creat a DLL File from python code, and use that DLL file in other Platform (Labview, Java .NET etc)

Discussion in 'Python' started by macedo.silva@gmail.com, Mar 9, 2007.

    I would like to request your attention for this very specific issue:

    I have several classes in Python, and now I want simply re-use it, in
    other language.

    The closest to solution I think I came was with this site:
    http://www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/Py2...ver?highlight=((Py2exeAndCtypesComDllServer))
    but I not able to solve questions related with TLB files and
    __init__.py files.

    So, could anyone give a tip about HOW TO CREAT a dll file from Python?

    thank in advance

    AMMS

    , Mar 9, 2007

  2. wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to request your attention for this very specific issue:
    >
    > I have several classes in Python, and now I want simply re-use it, in
    > other language.
    >

    > The closest to solution I think I came was with this site:

    http://www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/Py2...ver?highlight=((Py2exeAndCtypesComDllServer))
    > but I not able to solve questions related with TLB files and
    > __init__.py files.
    >
    > So, could anyone give a tip about HOW TO CREAT a dll file from Python?

    You might have success with

    http://elmer.sourceforge.net/

    Diez

    Diez B. Roggisch, Mar 9, 2007

  3. Larry Bates Guest

    Re: Creat a DLL File from python code, and use that DLL file in otherPlatform (Labview, Java .NET etc)

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to request your attention for this very specific issue:
    >
    > I have several classes in Python, and now I want simply re-use it, in
    > other language.
    >

    > The closest to solution I think I came was with this site:
    > http://www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/Py2...ver?highlight=((Py2exeAndCtypesComDllServer))
    > but I not able to solve questions related with TLB files and
    > __init__.py files.
    >
    > So, could anyone give a tip about HOW TO CREAT a dll file from Python?
    >
    > thank in advance
    >
    > AMMS

    Do you absolutely need .DLL? You can make a class into a COM object that
    nearly every language on the planet can dispatch with ease. Here is some
    info:

    http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/pythonwin32/chapter/ch12.html

    Calling an existing .DLL? Use ctypes module.

    -Larry

    Larry Bates, Mar 9, 2007