Create a temporary download link?

Asaf

Hi,

Is there a way to create a temporary download link and to know when the
client has finished downloading the file?

Thanks in advanced,

Asaf

Josh

Is there a way to create a temporary download link and to know when the
client has finished downloading the file?

I use the following technique for Web reporting.

Create the file with a GUID in the file name so thats its unique, and point
the link at it.

Every time someone uses that report I delete any other reports that are
older than 30 mins.

Asaf

Thanks Josh for your help.

Is there a way to know when the client has finished the download process?

Patrice

You could also stream the file content (using Response.WriteFile). This way
the file doesn't have to be at a reachable location plus you can still have
some code after streaming the file...

You'll have also to set the approprioate contenttype...

Patrice

Asaf

Thanks for your help :)