Create a VD with required properties on a required Web Server (Windows Advanced Server 2000 has 3 We

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Just D., Mar 10, 2006.

  1. Just D.

    Just D. Guest

    All,

    What's the easiest way to create a Virtual Directory with required
    properties like:

    1) delete all Start File names but insert only one required
    2) one of the sub Directories should be Writable for this app
    3) the VD should be created on a required Web Server?

    The complication is that our Windows Advanced Server 2000 has 3 Web Servers
    on the same machine and will be having more, all are created under same IIS,
    different physical directories, etc.

    All examples that I was able to find on the Internet can create a VD on a
    single Web Server and that's all, but I need to select the server first,
    then create, and finally apply all required settings.

    Maybe there are some links, examples?

    Thanks a lot!

    Just D.

    Just D., Mar 10, 2006