    server? I need to be able to create custom pages for people.

    Thanks,
    Joe
    Joe Bonavita, Nov 30, 2003

  2. Hi

    You can do that, but you would need to have write permission on that directory, which is a potential attack point. So, make sure you do it. If you are use u can do it by creating a new file with extension whatever u want, and writing it in a proper structure.

    Regards,
    Bhaskardeep Khaund
    Bhaskardeep Khaund, Nov 30, 2003

  3. Joe Bonavita

    Joe Bonavita Guest

    I ended up creating a HTML file to create the page.

    Thanks.

    Joe Bonavita, Dec 1, 2003
  4. Joe Bonavita

    Joe Bonavita Guest

    Now I have to deal with the write problem to the server.
    If I try and write the file it prompts me for the user/pw for the server. Of
    course this isn't what I want.

    I thought that as long as ASPNET user has access this will work. Is this not
    correct?

    Joe Bonavita, Dec 1, 2003
  5. Hi

    Set write permission for the user MACHINE\IUSER_MACHINE for that particular directory.

    Bhaskardeep Khaund
    Bhaskardeep Khaund, Dec 1, 2003
  6. Joe Bonavita

    Joe Bonavita Guest

    Does MACHINE refer to the machine the server is running on? Does this cause a big security risk?

    Bhaskardeep Khaund, Dec 1, 2003
  8. Joe Bonavita

    Joe Bonavita Guest

    So what would be another way of doing this? I know a lot of web sites create pages on the fly and email a link to this new page that expires in a given length of time.

    Joe Bonavita, Dec 1, 2003
  9. Joe Bonavita

    Scot Kelly Guest

    This can be done with a HttpHandler that dynamically creates a page that can expire, and/or only allow certain users to see the page. You can pretty much do whatever you want with the HttpHandler. That link can be sent to the HttpHandler page which would enforce the expiration rule.

    Scot Kelly, Dec 3, 2003
  10. Joe Bonavita

    Joe Bonavita Guest

    any examples of how to do this? (I'm new to ASP.NET)

    Joe Bonavita, Dec 3, 2003