Create database - How come this code doesn't work?

michaaal

I am trying to run this code on a Windows 2003 Server.
I have ASP enabled. Any idea why it doesn't work?

<%
newDB = "new.mdb"
newDB = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & newDB

Set cat = CreateObject("ADOX.Catalog")
cat.Create newDB
Set conn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
conn.Open newDB

' create tables, etc...
%>

Evertjan.

Aaron [SQL Server MVP] wrote on 01 jul 2004 in
What on earth does "doesn't work" mean?

Well, Aaron,
after a long day of remembering the years
that I did work more than fulltime,
I can understand that people say that of me.

OT ;-}

michaaal

What on earth does "doesn't work" mean?

Aaron, sorry for not getting specific.

I am trying to use this code to dynamically create an MS Access database
on my Win2003 web server. I get something to the effect of "page cannot
be displayed".

Could you try the code on your server possibly? Or tell me a better way to
dynamically create a MS Access database?

Bob Barrows [MVP]

michaaal said:
Aaron, sorry for not getting specific.

I am trying to use this code to dynamically create an MS Access
database on my Win2003 web server. I get something to the effect of
"page cannot be displayed".

Could you try the code on your server possibly? Or tell me a better
way to dynamically create a MS Access database?

We need to see the real error message
(http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109), although I can practically
guarantee that it's a permissions issue.

Bob Barrows