    help will be appreciated.

    Thanks a lot,
    Michal

    Michal, Nov 27, 2004

  2. Michal

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Michal wrote:

    > Create web interface that will allow me to enter keywords (as in
    > google) and when push "search" button- it needs to execute a c++ code
    > (exe file) and to pass the keywords as input to the program that
    > returns some answers. Then I need to present the answers as links
    > (again, the same way as in google). I need to do it on my local
    > machine (no server). Since I'm not familiar with web programming any
    > help will be appreciated.

    Install some web server software on your local machine -- e.g. Apache or
    Xitami.

    Read the CGI specification to find out how your C++ program should
    interact with the web server software. (Summary: your program should get
    its data by looking at the "QUERY_STRING" environment variable and should
    print the output HTML to STDOUT.)

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Now Playing ~ ./texas/white_on_blonde/13_good_advice.ogg

    Toby Inkster, Nov 27, 2004

  3. Michal

    Mitja Guest

    On 26 Nov 2004 20:22:28 -0800, Michal <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I'm trying to do the follow:
    > Create web interface that will allow me to enter keywords (as in
    > google) and when push "search" button- it needs to execute a c++ code
    > (exe file) and to pass the keywords as input to the program that
    > returns some answers. Then I need to present the answers as links
    > (again, the same way as in google). I need to do it on my local
    > machine (no server). Since I'm not familiar with web programming any
    > help will be appreciated.

    Bad news: you can't do without web server software, just like Toby said.
    You don't exactly need apache, you may install something lighter.

    --
    Mitja

    Mitja, Nov 27, 2004
  4. Michal

    Guest

    On 26 Nov 2004 20:22:28 -0800, (Michal) wrote:

    >I need to do it on my local
    >machine (no server).

    You will need a web server.

    regards
    Marcus

    , Nov 28, 2004
  5. You may be able to do something along this line with a .hta
    HTML Application.

    I have been able to pass along data to .vbs, .bat files and the registry
    not sure if it would work with C. but it's something to check out and you
    don't need a web server.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/hta/hta_node_entry.asp?frame=true

    --
    James A. Smith
    http://www.jastek.net

    James A. Smith, Nov 29, 2004
  6. Michal

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 03:42:54 GMT, "James A. Smith" <>
    wrote:

    >You may be able to do something along this line with a .hta
    >HTML Application.

    Not a hope ! Think about client vs. server-side issues. Besides
    which, HTA's are pure evil.

    Assuming that the OP is a whizzy Windows C programmer, then I suggest
    they ignore .EXE's and CGI. Make it into an ActiveX instead, then use
    IIS (web server) ASP and JScript (M$oft's flavour of JavaScript) to
    connect to it. If you can write C++, you can work ASP & JScript.

    --
    Smert' spamionam

    Andy Dingley, Nov 30, 2004