Create my own batch file to compile ASP.NET assemblies

Raterus

Hi,

Is there a way I can see what commands VS.net is using to compile my asp.net projects? I'm sure its using the vbc/csc programs, but I'd love to see the command-line options it is using.

Here is what I'm after. There are many programmers in my department, but only I use Visual Studio .NET 2003, the rest are using older technologies right now. If I was ever unavailable and they needed to make a change to one of my programs, they'd need an easy way to do this.

I'd like to create a directory out there of my whole source, and have a batch file of everything Visual Studio uses to compile my assemblies and stick all of this out in a separate directory if they ever needed it. I know I can do this by hand, but if I could just see the commands Visual Studio is using, I probably could devise something.

Any help would be great!
--Michael

Patrice

You could use VS.NET in command line mode to compile a solution :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...us/vsintro7/html/vxgrfcommandlineswitches.asp

Other than that, the command line compiler options are well documented (I
created from scratch my own command file but the goal was to compile an
ASP.NET into multiple DLLs i.e. not ot use the VS.NET way of compiling a web
site).

Patrice