xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
print Production batch3
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PrinterB
print Production batch4
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
print Production batch5
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What to using python create object base on date file ? I know how to
read text file.

object["PrinterA"] have batch1, batch2, batch3

object["PrinterB"] have batch4, batch5

moonhkt

Dave Angel

Hi All

Python 2.6.x on AIX

Data file

PrinterA
print Production batch1
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
print Production batch2
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
print Production batch3
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PrinterB
print Production batch4
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
print Production batch5
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What to using python create object base on date file ? I know how to
read text file.

object["PrinterA"] have batch1, batch2, batch3

object["PrinterB"] have batch4, batch5

moonhkt

What Python version are you targeting?

It would save everyone a lot of time if you quoted the homework
assignment directly. Also, be more careful about typos. Is it a date
file, or a data file?

You can create an object very easily. a = object(). You can add
attributes to many objects by simply saying
a.attrib = 42

Unfortunately you can't do that to an "object" class instance. So you
need to clarify.

Now, you used dictionary syntax, so perhaps you didn't mean create an
object, but create a dict.

a = dict()
a["PrinterA"] = "batch1", "batch2", "batch3"
print a

produces
{'PrinterA': ('batch1', 'batch2', 'batch3')}

What part of the assignment is giving you trouble? What have you
written so far?

cxleung

Hi All

Python 2.6.x on AIX

Data file

print Production batch1

print Production batch2

print Production batch3

[...]

Thank I get the methods.
Python 2.6.2

I just leaning python , before using gawk/ksh.

#!/usr/bin/env python

a= dict()
a["PrintA"]= ["batch1","batch2","batch3"]
a["PrintB"] = ["batch4","batch5"]

a["PrintA"].append("batch6")

print a
for k in sorted(a.keys()):
for j in sorted(a[k]):
print k , j

Output
{'PrintA': ['batch1', 'batch2', 'batch3', 'batch6'], 'PrintB': ['batch4', 'batch5']}
PrintA batch1
PrintA batch2
PrintA batch3
PrintA batch6