Create pdf file through https problem

agusayala

Hi folks.

I have an application that generates and opens pdf files generated b
crystal reports. In my machine works fine (I'm not working with http
here), but when I put this application in the production server (here
use https) with the physicalpath of the server and when I try to creat
the file I have the following problems:

When I try to open the file using javascript, it only opens a empt
window then I click on the refresh button of this window and the fil
finally opens.

When I try to create the pdf file it appears me this message: There wa
an error opening this document. The file is already open or in use b
another process.

Any ideas how to work it out?

Cheers,

Agu

Joerg Jooss

agusayala said:
Hi folks.

I have an application that generates and opens pdf files generated by
crystal reports. In my machine works fine (I'm not working with https
here), but when I put this application in the production server (here
I use https) with the physicalpath of the server and when I try to
create the file I have the following problems:

When I try to open the file using javascript, it only opens a empty
window then I click on the refresh button of this window and the file
finally opens.

When I try to create the pdf file it appears me this message: There
was an error opening this document. The file is already open or in
use by another process.

Any ideas how to work it out?

Depending on what version of Acrobat Reader you use, you have to make
sure that certain HTTP headers are set, for example Content-Length.

Cheers,