Create server side menu in ASP.NET

Dave

Hello there.
I'm interesting how do I create server side menu in ASP.NET, I was searching
for some menus, but they are all done with DHTML or JavaScript, so I have
some problems to use them.
I want to be able program onClick and other events for each item of the
menu, so I cant use client side menus created with DHTML or JavaScript.
I'm new in ASP.NET, may be I'm doing something wrong?
How do I create server side (horizontal) menu in ASP.NET?
May be someone knows any free component for it?

Curt_C [MVP]

Simply use server based controls, like <asp:LinkButton...> etc. You can
programatically code these as you would any other server control

Curt_C [MVP]

I see your other post, from earlier, so I think I get what you are after
now... you will have to do this with clientside code, to display the effects
and such, but just make sure to add RUNAT=SERVER to the individual tags and
declare them in the code-behind. At that point you can do what you want with
them.

--
Curt Christianson
Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

Dave

May be you know any free component for it?

Curt_C said:
I see your other post, from earlier, so I think I get what you are after
now... you will have to do this with clientside code, to display the
effects and such, but just make sure to add RUNAT=SERVER to the individual
tags and declare them in the code-behind. At that point you can do what you
want with them.

--
Curt Christianson
Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software
Site: http://www.Darkfalz.com
Blog: http://blog.Darkfalz.com

Dave

Thank you! It's a great menu control.
But I have some questions on it:
1. How can I force it to show not from zero left side? I just want to skip
some space at left side of the menu.
2. How can I set width individually for each top items (File, Edit etc.)?

Mark Rae

Set the LEFTMARGIN property of the page's said:
2. How can I set width individually for each top items (File, Edit etc.)?

I don't think you can...