Create TabPanels from an XML file

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Cal Who, Jan 5, 2010.

  1. Cal Who

    Cal Who Guest

    I've posted this many times. I had my accordian code at the bottom as an
    example but some filer must not like something there so the posts never
    showed up. It was simply an Accordian element with a XmlDataSource
    specified. Much the same thing I'd like to do with a tab control.

    If there are three sections in the XML file each containing a Header and a
    Contents element I'd like the TabContainer to show three tabs using that
    data.

    The ajaxToolkit Accordion has a DataSourceID which can be set equal to a
    XmlDataSource and a HeaderTemplate and a ContentTemplate that can get there
    data from the Xml data.

    Unfortiuonately, the ajaxToolkit TabContainer does not use that model. I
    would like to use an XML file to create the data TabPanels, with the
    HeaderText and the ContentTemplate data coming from the XML file. Much as
    the Accordian example below does it.

    I've Googled for sample code but can't find any.

    Can you point to some?

    Thanks

    PS Is that the kind of thing asp:Repeater is used for?
    ....snip
    Cal Who, Jan 5, 2010

  2. Alexey Smirnov, Jan 5, 2010

  3. Cal Who

    Cal Who Guest

    "Alexey Smirnov" <> wrote in message
    On Jan 5, 4:27 pm, " Cal Who" <> wrote:
    > I've posted this many times. I had my accordian code at the bottom as an
    > example but some filer must not like something there so the posts never
    > showed up.

    It works... you have to wait a little bit until the message appears

    http://groups.google.com/group/micr...aspnet/browse_thread/thread/3fb103e2000e0c5d#

    I'm still waiting for two of yesterdays and one at about 2AM today.

    I wonder if it is my Outlook Express setup or roadrunner.
    Maybe I have some kind of filter on.

    But that does not explain it either, because those three post do not show in
    the listing you pointed me to.

    Of course the answer I want more that the answer to the newsreader problem
    is the question I asked in those posts.

    Thanks for your reply

    PS
    I've noticed before, when I reply to your post I don't get the angle
    brackets added. Have you heard that form anyone else?
    Cal Who, Jan 5, 2010