    but that doesn't work.

    Regards

    Marco
    Co, May 10, 2007

  2. "Co" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I use a website in asp for which I have to type a username and
    > password everytime I want to login.
    > On the form are two fields for typing the username and password and
    > one button LOGIN.
    > I want to create an standard url for the website which includes my
    > username and password so I don't have to type it in everytime.
    >
    > I looked at the page source but I can't find the right string.
    > I thought maybe http://.........aspx?username=me&password=it
    >
    > but that doesn't work.

    You need to know the varables used to captuer the username and password and
    if they are captuered from the querystring or a form.

    ThatsIT.net.au, May 11, 2007

  3. Co

    Co Guest

    On 11 mei, 18:31, "ThatsIT.net.au" <me@thatsit> wrote:
    > "Co" <> wrote in message

    > > Hi All,

    > > I use a website in asp for which I have to type a username and
    > > password everytime I want to login.
    > > On the form are two fields for typing the username and password and
    > > one button LOGIN.
    > > I want to create an standard url for the website which includes my
    > > username and password so I don't have to type it in everytime.

    > > I looked at the page source but I can't find the right string.
    > > I thought maybehttp://.........aspx?username=me&password=it

    > > but that doesn't work.

    > You need to know the varables used to captuer the username and password and
    > if they are captuered from the querystring or a form.
    >

    > > Regards

    > > Marco

    Is there some way to find out, for example by clicking the button or
    getting it from the source code?

    Marco
    Co, May 13, 2007
  4. "Co" <> wrote in message
    > On 11 mei, 18:31, "ThatsIT.net.au" <me@thatsit> wrote:
    >> "Co" <> wrote in message

    >> > Hi All,

    >> > I use a website in asp for which I have to type a username and
    >> > password everytime I want to login.
    >> > On the form are two fields for typing the username and password and
    >> > one button LOGIN.
    >> > I want to create an standard url for the website which includes my
    >> > username and password so I don't have to type it in everytime.

    >> > I looked at the page source but I can't find the right string.
    >> > I thought maybehttp://.........aspx?username=me&password=it

    >> > but that doesn't work.

    >> You need to know the varables used to captuer the username and password
    >> and
    >> if they are captuered from the querystring or a form.
    >>

    >> > Regards

    >> > Marco

    > Is there some way to find out, for example by clicking the button or
    > getting it from the source code?

    look at teh form, see what controles are sent,

    if you have a text box
    <INPUT type="text" id=text1 name=text1>

    then text1 will be one of your variables.

    Also look at the form is it using get or post for its method, if using post
    then you would need to send your query using post.

    in the asp page they will have somthing like

    Request.querystring("text1")
    this will recive from a querystring or a form using the get method

    Request.Form("text1")
    this will recicve from a post form

    Request("text1")

    will recive from both