create url with username and password

Co

Hi All,

I use a website in asp for which I have to type a username and
password everytime I want to login.
On the form are two fields for typing the username and password and
one button LOGIN.
I want to create an standard url for the website which includes my
username and password so I don't have to type it in everytime.

I looked at the page source but I can't find the right string.
I thought maybe http://.........aspx?username=me&password=it

but that doesn't work.

Regards

Marco

ThatsIT.net.au

Co said:
Hi All,

I use a website in asp for which I have to type a username and
password everytime I want to login.
On the form are two fields for typing the username and password and
one button LOGIN.
I want to create an standard url for the website which includes my
username and password so I don't have to type it in everytime.

I looked at the page source but I can't find the right string.
I thought maybe http://.........aspx?username=me&password=it

but that doesn't work.

You need to know the varables used to captuer the username and password and
if they are captuered from the querystring or a form.

Co

You need to know the varables used to captuer the username and password and
if they are captuered from the querystring or a form.

Is there some way to find out, for example by clicking the button or
getting it from the source code?

Marco

ThatsIT.net.au

Co said:
Is there some way to find out, for example by clicking the button or
getting it from the source code?

look at teh form, see what controles are sent,

if you have a text box
<INPUT type="text" id=text1 name=text1>

then text1 will be one of your variables.

Also look at the form is it using get or post for its method, if using post
then you would need to send your query using post.

in the asp page they will have somthing like

Request.querystring("text1")
this will recive from a querystring or a form using the get method

Request.Form("text1")
this will recicve from a post form

Request("text1")

will recive from both