create webservice client from SOAP examples

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Hans Kesting, Sep 23, 2005.

  1. Hans Kesting

    Hans Kesting Guest

    Hi,

    I'm trying to create a client for some webservice. BUT I have only
    limited information:
    * no WSDL available ("expected Q1-06") (it seems to be written in Java)
    * I don't have access (yet) to the real webservice
    * I *do* have example SOAP messages

    What I'm trying to do is to build a dummy webservice, which should accept
    (and respond with) the same SOAP messages. Then I can build my code
    against this dummy, so theoretically later I can change the URL to talk
    to the real webservice.
    The request seems to go fine, but I'm stuck on the response side.

    Example from the documentation it's either (on success):
    <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">

    <SOAP-ENV:Body>

    <Response>

    <AesBusinessSession id="25060"/>

    </Response>

    </SOAP-ENV:Body>

    </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

    or (on failure)

    <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">

    <SOAP-ENV:Body>

    <Response>

    <AesResult message="No server response for: Login" result="false"/>

    </Response>

    </SOAP-ENV:Body>

    </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

    What I have so far (from the description when I open the asmx in my browser):

    <soap:Envelope xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
    <soap:Body>
    <LoginResponse>
    <LoginResult>
    <AesBusinessSession id="int" />
    <AesResult result="boolean" message="string" resultType="string">
    <resultArg />
    </AesResult>
    </LoginResult>
    </LoginResponse>
    </soap:Body>
    </soap:Envelope>

    The AesBusinessSession and AesResult are both classes, with a specified number

    of properties. When returned objects or properties are null, I expect them to be

    missing from the response.

    The fact that the examples specify "SOAP-ENV" and my version "soap" should

    also be no problem (if I understand things correctly).

    The problem is the nesting level of the response. The examples have just a

    "Response" between the "body" and the "AesBusinessSession" or "AesResult",

    I have "LoginResponse" AND "LoginResult".

    How can I adjust that? Or (also fine) is that not a problem?

    Hans Kesting

    Hans Kesting, Sep 23, 2005